When importing from China to Germany, you can choose between sea or air freight shipping. Depending on your priorities, budget, and time constraint, air freight is a very good option when Importing to Germany; specifically to Berlin. In this article, we will explain Why choose air freight service from China to Germany (Berlin)?
The geographic location of Berlin
The capital city of Germany, Berlin is located in the northeast of the country on the River Spree. Since Berlin is not right at the sea, using the ocean is not going to be the easiest and fastest way of cargo transport.
The closest top sea ports in Germany to Berlin are Rostock (234 km), Kiel (361 km) or Hamburg (295 km) ports.
Further Reading: Volumetric Weight in Air Freights of China | What to Consider?
Why choose air freight service from China to Germany (Berlin)?
Based on what was mentioned, when shipping from China to Germany, taking to the skies could be the best option for your cargo shipment. According to the distances of main ports close to Berlin, using sea freight will require you to arrange a land transit option as well as the sea freight. In contrast, with air freight, you can simply ship your products directly from the city of origin, directly to Berlin.
Despite the higher air freight rates, there are good reasons to choose a freight forwarder specialized in this matter. Read the following tips of why to choose air freight service from China to Germany:
- Speed: air freight can get products from suppliers to buyers much quicker than any ocean route.
- Perishables: if the goods you are shipping from China to Germany have an expiry date, you cannot guarantee their best quality after a few weeks at the sea. Using air freight to ship them could well be a more practical solution.
- Delays: you can reduce the influence and cost of any setbacks; for example, by public holidays such as Chinese New Year – by shipping through air freight service from China to Germany.
- Urgency: if you want shipping from China to Germany very quickly, air freight will assist you to combat time constraints.
- Risk: the shorter your goods are in the process of shipping from China to Germany, the less chance that something will go wrong.
Further Reading: The Top Active Air Freights Agent in China in 2020
Now we come to the question of when to choose air freight service from China to Germany (Berlin)? The answer is when your liable weight exceeds the 400 kg to 500 kg point limited by International Express Couriers. Moreover, if the air freight costs of shipping from China to Germany is within 20% of the cost of the products.
In conclusion, if you are able to provide the extra shipping cost of air freight service from China to Germany, shipping cargo by air makes sense. Also, if you only have a small cargo to ship, air freight is often the most efficient alternative.