Importing from China to basically anywhere in the world, requires a lot of prior knowledge. If you are planning on shipping cargo to Saudi Arabia, you need to know about the clearance costs. In this article, we will provide a full guide for importers on customs clearance cost Saudi Arabia.
Before moving on any further about customs clearance process in Saudi Arabia, let us see which documents are necessary for exporting goods to this country:
- Firstly, the original certificate of origin authorized by the Chamber of Commerce of the exporting country;
- An original commercial invoice (in triplicate) approved by the trade agency of the exporting country, which must state the country of origin, the name of the carrier, the brand and the quantity of the goods and the description of the goods including weight and value;
- Irremovable label showing the country of origin affixed to the commodity;
- A clean lading or airway bill for customs clearance cost Saudi Arabia;
- Records, if appropriate, suggesting compliance with health regulations;
- Insurance papers, if sent by CIF;
- Packaging list;
- Compliance Certificate with relevant Saudi requirements, where appropriate.
- Lastly, note that the original documents shall, where appropriate, be followed by an Arabic version.
Further Reading: Customs Clearance in Saudi Arabia – the Regulations and Procedures
Now that we read all about the required documents for customs clearance in Saudi Arabia, let’s move on to custom tariffs of some products. Depending on the sector, products that compete with those domestically manufactured are dutiable at levels of 12 percent or 20 percent.
|Goods||Custom Clearance Tariff|
|Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products||100%|
|Most Food Products||5%|
After reading about the Tariffs and customs clearance cost Saudi Arabia, we come to the exemptions. There are other goods exempted from the standard external tariff. For example, goods produced inside the GCC states are excluded from any duties because they are transported within the union. There are also a small number of country-specific derogations accepted by the GCC. Lastly, exceptions to Saudi Arabia include 758 duty-free goods that may be imported, including aircraft and most livestock.
Similar to most countries, Saudi Arabia also has a list of prohibited items when it comes to importing into the county. Moreover, in this section of the customs clearance cost, we talk about prohibited items in Saudi Arabia.
- Alcohol and alcohol-related items
- Chemicals, Haz and Non-Haz
- Commercial shipments including, but not limited to, jewelry including gold, silver, platinum, pearls, gems, and diamonds, etc.
- Drugs, Prescription and Non-Prescription
- Dry Ice
- Electrical Shocker (personal item)
- Electronic Cigarettes
- Items used for gambling or games of chance
- Laser Pointers
- Magic Games
- Plants and Plant Products
- Tapes, video cassettes
- Tattoo Machine
- Telecommunications equipment
- Televisions, television equipment
Now that we read all about customs clearance cost Saudi Arabia, you can make a decision on your shipping method. Additionally, DDPCH specializes in Air freight, Sea freight, Door to Door Freight, Express and courier service, and much more.