- 1 Shipping from China to Japan
- 2 Sea freight for shipping from China to Japan
- 3 What items are mostly imported to Japan?
- 4 Seaports for shipping from China to Japan
- 5 How long does it take for sea freight from China to Japan?
- 6 Why Qingdao is important for sea freight from China to Japan?
- 7 F.C.L. and L.C.L from china to japan
- 8 Procedure of shipment by FCL from China to Japan
- 9 Procedure of shipment by LCL from China to Japan
- 10 Packing Guideline for shipping from China to Japan
- 11 Air freight for shipping from China to Japan
- 12 What goods are usually sent by air from China to Japan?
- 13 Airports for shipping from China to Japan
- 14 Shipping from China to Japan by air, how long?
- 15 Courier Companies from China to Japan
- 16 Dangerous goods by air cargo in shipping from China to Japan
- 17 Customs clearance for shipping from China to Japan!
- 18 What is the H.S. Code?
- 19 What document is needed for customs clearance for shipping from China to Japan?
- 20 Cargo and freight insurance
- 21 Import Insurance
- 22 How to decrease the cost of customs clearance from China to Japan?
- 23 How to track the shipping process from China to Japan ?
- 24 Different services for shipping from China to Japan
- 25 Door to door shipping service from China to Japan
- 26 Port to Port shipping service
- 27 Port to door shipping service
- 28 Some important points for shipping from China to Japan
- 29 Concluding Remarks
- 30 DDPCH
The economy is one of the essential characteristics of social factors that all governments are obliged to raise their level in society. Today, with this critical indicator’s development, many factors affect the economy that one of the most important of which is trade.
In addition to the factors (the price of goods, quality of goods, etc.) that each trade has, a significant factor that the business’s speed is highly dependent on is the transportation of goods.
With the expansion of international trade in today’s world, international transport, including sea freight, land freight, air freight, and rail freight have become doubly important, and knowing the issues in international transportation and international transactions are very important in the export and import of goods that traders need to know. In this article, the shipping from China to Japan is investigated.
After finishing, you will have comprehensive information in this field.
Shipping from China to Japan
After ordering products in China, it is time to transport them to Japan. Then, it is crucial to be familiar with different ways of shipping from China to Japan. General, there are two ways for shipping from China to Japan that are as the following:
- Sea freight
Sea freight is one of the most critical ways of transport used around the world. For centuries, this method has helped humans to meet the conditions of their travel and business. Although there are different ways of transportation goods, sea freight has not lost its importance. It is estimated that about 90% of the world’s international transportation is by sea.
Airfreight plays a significant role in countries’ commercial activity, and it is one of the characteristics of people’s economic growth. Development and expansion of air freight can improve economic and cultural activities, expand economic activities, and increase regional employment and development! Each of them has some conditions that we try to talk about in the rest of this article.
Sea freight for shipping from China to Japan
Before we talk specifically about sea freight from China to Japan, it is crucial to know sea freight conditions. This method of transportation still has an essential role in the transport of various goods. Because ships can carry a wide range of goods with different weights and sizes, they do not have any restrictions on the carriage of goods than planes and trucks. For the below situations, sea freight is the best:
- Very heavy
- The bad or awkward shape of goods
- Super large goods
- Goods are more than 200 kg
What items are mostly imported to Japan?
Merely speaking, importing means providing goods and products that are not produced in the country; therefore, this country, for accessing those goods, must import them from other countries. One of the reasons for the increase and existence of imports is the restriction of some countries in the production of some products. In some cases, for some regions, importing some goods from the other areas is cheaper for them than producing goods. The special effects and benefits of import are as follows:
- Cultural growth (imported products and their application can affect the culture and behavior of society)
- Economic growth (trade and imports can increase the percentage of financial resources and even employment of human resources, but if it is in balance with exports)
- Providing resources and products that you can’t produce in the country
- Increasing the utility and welfare of society (some goods improve the standard of living of people)
- The import data of each country is a good source for economic analysis, the arrangement of political strategies, and the discovery of economic opportunities (for example, one can determine the path of growth of a country to consumerism or the import of capital goods)
- Use import strategies to maintain trade balance (in some cases where exports have exceeded imports)
Imports in Japan were US$ 766.6 billion in 2013. Most products which are imported to Japan are:
- Liquid natural gas
- Audio and visual apparatus
Top Import Origins to Japan are:
- The U.S.A.
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
Seaports for shipping from China to Japan
Sea freight, like land and air freight, operates in its own space, with its geographical conditions, strategic location, and commercial conditions. While geographical conditions are stable (except for seasonal weather patterns), strategic considerations, especially commercial ones, are much more dynamic.
Sea freight physiology consists of two main elements, which include rivers and oceans. Although the two are interconnected, they each represent a specific range of sea currents. The concept of Sea freight depends on the existence of regular schedules, known as sea route!
If your situation fits with sea freight for shipping from China to Japan, it is better to be familiar with Chinese ports to Japan. These ports are as the following:
Packages arrive at ports in Japan; they are as below:
- Tokyo Yokohama
How long does it take for sea freight from China to Japan?
A critical question for shipping from China to Japan is about the time. As you know, all businessmen and businesswomen prefer to take their packages as soon as possible. Because they want to use these products in their business, and they don’t like to wait for a long time. Shipping from China to Japan by sea takes:
|10 business days||7 business days||7 business days||8 business days|
Shanghai Dalian Tianjin Qingdao
|6 business days|
Why Qingdao is important for sea freight from China to Japan?
Port of Qingdao is one of China’s top seaports located in the Yellow River Basin on the Pacific Ocean’s west coast. It is merged with South Korea’s largest port and three other Chinese ports in 2011 to establish a transportation and logistics hub in Northeast Asia, with more than 450 ports. Now it is connected to more than 130 countries around the world. One of the natural advantages of this port is having deep water and free of ice and mud. Qingdao Port consists of three areas:
- Qingdao Old Port
- Huangdao Oil Port
- Qianwan New Port
The port provides loading and unloading services, storage and logistics for containers, coal, iron ore, crude oil, cereals, and more. Passenger services are also offered at the port. With a capacity of millions of tons, this port can carry a variety of public goods, bulk cargo, and large equipment.
Qingdao Port has been the most innovative port in recent years in terms of Chinese ports’ competitiveness. It has covered 9.6 million square kilometers of Chinese land, and it is recognized as the best Chinese port in satisfying customers. It has been China’s second-largest foreign trade port for many years and is the world’s largest imported iron ore port and China’s largest imported crude oil port. Qingdao Port has been one of the most beautiful ports, ensuring there is no pollution to the environment.
F.C.L. and L.C.L from china to japan
When it comes to sea freight, it is essential to choose F.C.L. and L.C.L. if we want to explain briefly, they are as the following:
- F.C.L. or full container load is a way to shipping packages by the ocean; the cargo of any size occupies a full container.
- L.C.L. or less than container load is the best when the packages are not occupied all the containers, and there are not many packages.
Procedure of shipment by FCL from China to Japan
- Pick up from the factory
- Arrange the declaration in the terminal
- Checking the bill draft before sailing
Procedure of shipment by LCL from China to Japan
- Pick up from factory
- Arrange the declaration in the warehouse
- Stuff the shipment in LCL
- Checking the bill draft before sailing
Packing Guideline for shipping from China to Japan
In today’s world, goods are classified to different types. For example, in terms of nutrition, goods are divided into two categories of food and non-food, and according to a chemist, goods are divided into three categories of mineral, vegetable and artificial goods, or they can be grouped into two general groups of liquid and solid goods.
In Sea freight, because the problem is the movement of large quantities of goods based on weight and volume from one point to another, goods are classified according to the conditions and facilities required for long-term Sea freight. For Sea freight is economic and cost-effective, ships must store large quantities of one or more types of goods in one or more warehouses. Packaging guidelines for shipping from China to Japan are as the following:
- To ensure that old labels and markings are removed from packing, and they are fixed according to the waybill of the shipment.
- The barcodes on the waybill are scanned at numerous points during your shipment’s journey. Please ensure the barcode is flat and not covered by tape, shrinkwrap or strapping
- Place the waybill on the top or side of your shipment and please ensure it does not overlap the corners or edges of boxes
- Use adequate protective wrapping for fragile or delicate items and ensure they are packed as far away as possible from the corners of boxes
- To prevent injury, please pay special attention to the packaging of sharp items. There should not be any possibility of the contents piercing the packaging
- Any individual pieces over 70kg should be placed on a pallet. If you are sending a multi-piece shipment, it is not necessary to place the individual pieces on a pallet unless they exceed 70kg.
Air freight for shipping from China to Japan
Air freight for shipping from China to Japan is one of the important way, and although it is expensive, many people choose it for goods transportation. If you want to use this method, it is essential to know all the detailed information. Air cargo are ideal methods for these conditions:
- When goods are under 200 kg
- When goods aren’t in bad shape
It is better to remember air freight is not suitable for super large cargo. In airfreight, goods can transport in the Express or Classic method. In Express, all goods arrive between 1 to 3 business days at the destination, but it takes 4 to 8 business days in a second way.
What goods are usually sent by air from China to Japan?
Air freight customers are merchants who often carry goods of low weight and size but high value. Or in any case, it needs to be in the destination in the shortest possible time according to the time conditions. Some of these importers are:
- Importers of mobile phones, mobile parts and related accessories.
- Importers of laptops, computer parts and related accessories.
- Importers of flash memory, external hard drives and power banks.
- Importers of medicines and medical supplies that must reach their destination as soon as possible.
- Importers of petrochemical equipment and industrial instruments, who often import their goods as a project and must deliver the goods to their destination within a certain period of time.
- Importers of perishable goods.
- Importers of luxury car parts who import their goods to the destination according to the customer’s order
- Importers of electronic components.
Airports for shipping from China to Japan
There is at least one airport in each city in China. Sometimes, in some cities like Shanghai, there are two airports. Then, it is necessary to know the airports for goods transportation. The airports in China to Japan are as below:
There are only six international airports in Japan. The packages from China to Japan arrive at these airports:
- Tokyo, Narita Haneda
Shipping from China to Japan by air, how long?
If you want to use this method to send packages from China to Japan, the time is significant. All packages arrive at three days by express services, and in classic ways, packages arrive during 8 days.
Courier Companies from China to Japan
A courier company uses different vehicles such as airplanes, ships, trucks, and trailers for freight transportations. They try to deliver the goods to customers in destinations. one crucial matter is that they can act as a medium for sending packages from one company to the other or delivering them directly to the customers.
Time delivery is very important, and these companies try to deliver as soon as possible. Usually, a courier company works internationally. Because due to the use of the Internet and the more connections, many people want to send different goods from one country to another (a few companies work nationally).
Therefore, these companies help people to experience more pleasure in their shopping. In other words, in today’s world, the need for a courier company is the same as the need for shopping. Without choosing a safe company to deliver your packages, you can never shop or enjoy shopping. The courier companies for shipping from China to Japan are:
- DHL Express
- DB Schencker
- United Parcel Service, Inc.
- Royal mail
Dangerous goods by air cargo in shipping from China to Japan
There is some limitation on air freight. Dangerous goods are items and materials that endanger the health of the aircraft. Carrying such things must be based on the guidelines of the “International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)” and the “Association of Airlines (IATA).”
Hazardous materials and goods must be packed according to unique and international conditions and rules of airfreight. This packaging must be of high quality and with a safe structure to prevent leakage in the conditions of temperature humidity changes, pressure, and vibration.
Each package must have a suitable label, a relevant logo, and it must have symbols such as:
- The international number for hazardous substances U.N. number
- Businesses are requesting for transporting of dangerous goods and D.G.R.
The customer is obliged to provide the following international documents for the freight forwarder for dangerous goods by airfreight:
- Certificate for the safe transport of goods
- Certificate of origin
- Material safety data sheet
The prohibited items for shipping from China to Japan are:
- Animal bones, horns and furs
- Antibodies, bacteria, viruses and serum
- Biological substances related to animals or plants
- Military equipment
- Documents or goods which are from North Korea
- Toy guns
For sending the below items to China, please take these consideration into account:
- Alcoholic beverages Maximum weight is 10kg (22 lb); for more than it, a Food license is required. The required information is the number of bottles, content volume, alcohol content, sparkling, or not!
- For the transportation of animal products, you should indicate the type of skin/leather on the commercial invoice.
- For Biological Substance Category B, it is necessary to know that only human biological substances can be exported to Japan, for example, human blood samples.
- Caviar Provide CITES certificate regardless of weight.
- For Chemicals and non-hazardous, it is necessary to attach a component analysis table to the commercial invoice.
- For Cigarettes, you should include the number of cigarettes on documentation.
- Coffee, including coffee samples, If more than 10 kg (22 lb), it is ok, but for distribution to an unspecified number of the general public, the receiver should provide a food license.
- Compact discs must be declared as goods.
- For shipping drawings, technical, architectural, engineering, If shipped for sales purposes or with commercial value, you should do the customs process.
- For shipping films: 8mm, 16mm & 35mm, entertainment, promotional, training, DVDs, laser, video discs, negatives including x-rays & films and video cassette tapes, the shipper should provide a declaration of contents.
- Fire extinguishers and isopropanol Shipments must fulfill the International Air Transport Association’s Dangerous Goods Regulations (IATA’s D.G.R.). The shipper should provide a declaration for dangerous goods and send it under a separate Waybill. For fire extinguishers, it is necessary to provide an import license.
- Glass products and non-hazardous liquids must be well-packaged, preferably in a wooden case, and crate to avoid damage.
- Infant toys are subject to inspection by Japan’s Food Standards Agency.
- The shipper should describe upper & lower sole materials and type of shoes on invoices for sending shoes.
- For substances containing sodium and calcium cyclamate and tea Non-perishables, If the weight exceeds 10 kg (22 lb), the receiver should provide a food license.
- Textile articles, including clothing, fabrics and fabric samples, description weave (woven/knitted) and materials items and the detail of material’s composition should be mentioned precisely on the invoice.
Customs clearance for shipping from China to Japan!
Customs clearance is one necessary step in shipping from China to Japan. In this process, you should be familiar with different terms.
What is the H.S. Code?
The H.S. Code is a standardization system for identifying and classification of products designed by governments to indicate:
- tax, pricing
- economic policies
- tariff and non-tariff measures include international trade regulations and other types of foreign economic activity and the maintenance of customs statistics
In international trade, all trade goods are classified according to a harmonized international standard, and in the book of export and import regulations of Japan, goods are divided different parts.
Each product has a standard eight-digit code (tariff number), and it is used in the same way in all organizations, including the National Tax Affairs Organization, the Trade Development Organization, the Ministry of Industry, Mines, and Trade the product specifications.
International Commodity Code specifies many details of goods. In global markets, buyers and sellers of goods in their sales invoices record the international commodity code, which is the same as H.S. – CODE in their invoices. H.S. Code is an international system implemented by the W.T.O.
In this system, all goods are classified in countries based on an 8 or 10 digit code, the first 4 or 6 digits are common between member countries, and the next 2 or 4 numbers can be different based on the country classification space. This tariff is common among countries up to the first six digits from the left, so it can be a good standard for distinguishing goods in correspondence and trade exchanges.
What document is needed for customs clearance for shipping from China to Japan?
Some documents are necessary that they are as below:
- Bill of Lading (A sea bill of lading is a document issued by a shipping company or its representative in exchange for receiving goods for shipment. If the bill of lading has been given as a receipt for RECEIVED FOR SHIPMENT, it indicates the goods’ receipt by the relevant shipping company, but it does not show the goods’ definite shipment. The bill of lading is called ON BOARD. And the bill of lading, called “AIR WAYBILL or AIR CONSIGNMENT NOTE” or “AIR FREIGHT NOTE,” is usually issued in 12 copies, 3 of which are commercially important and the rest copies are for the airline interior.)
- Invoice (It is a document containing information about the goods or goods sold that the seller issues in the name of the buyer.)
- Certificate of Origin (it is a document issued by the Chamber of Commerce of each country for export goods and issued for each export item. This document certifies the place (country) of manufacture of the goods, and it is part of the documents that the buyer needs to clear the goods through customs so that it will be sent to the buyer along with other documents in due time)
- Packing List (the list of all items to be shipped)
- Test or Inspection Certificate (it is issued by international investigation companies)
- Insurance ( all items must be insured)
Cargo and freight insurance
In Cargo insurance (land, sea, and air), the insurance company is liable in return for receiving insurance premiums from the customer; if during the shipment of goods, the goods are lost or damaged under the regulation of insurance-related risks, it compensates all damages. In addition, in some cases, the damage to third parties is compensated through this insurance.
Imported freight insurance accounts for about 90% of the total volume and portfolio of freight insurance. This insurance policy protects the risks that merchants and traders purchased from different countries of the world. This insurance policy is one of the documents required to open credit in banks. Its purpose is to protect the interests of traders and importers and ultimately protect the national interest!
How to decrease the cost of customs clearance from China to Japan?
One of the methods that we advise to customers who ship from China to Japan is to clear their goods to use companies that provide clearance services. These companies offer different services, and you can ask them to issue a separate warehouse receipt in the name of your clearance company. In this way, it can save on costs.
How to track the shipping process from China to Japan ?
Tracking of items while shipping is one of the essential services offered by transportation companies. Customers can use this service to view information, including the date and time of receipt of the item, sender and recipient name, weight, and shipping cost. If you ask a company to do it for you, a specific number is given to you when you have a contract. All things you must do is go to the official website of that company and enter the number. All information will appear on the website, and you can easily understand where your goods are!
If you don’t use a company to transport the goods and directly send the packages by airplane, you will have a number referred to as your goods. You can go to the airline’s official website, then to the shipping tracks tab, and after that, enter the number. All information will be shown, and you can plan according to this information. The same procedure is for sea freight.
Different services for shipping from China to Japan
Various shipping services make this process easier for you. In the rest of this article, we try to explain them.
Door to door shipping service from China to Japan
Door to door shipping service from China to Japan is a unique way to transport packages. All you do is go to the company, sign a contract with a freight forwarder, and pay the fee. In this contract, based on your situation, you choose one of these ways mentioned in previous sections to transport goods.
Then, all affairs are done by the freight forwarder. She/he is responsible for delivering the packages to the mentioned destination in the contract. Door to door shipping service from China to Indonesia includes these steps:
- Prepare the transport documents
- Handle the custom clearance
- Do the freight forwarding by the air or the sea
- Deliver the packages to the final destination
Port to Port shipping service
In this method, the company takes the customer’s packages in a port and delivers them to the preferred port by the customer.
Port to door shipping service
In this service, the company takes the customer’s packages in a port and delivers them to the customer’s preferred destination.
Each of these methods has some advantages. One of the most significant benefits is that the customer does all customs clearance, and you can take the packages very easy.
Some important points for shipping from China to Japan
If you are in China and want to transport packages from this country, you must pay attention to some matters. At first, it is better to know that there are many festivals and holidays in China. Then, you should know these days. It is one of the most important ways to save money and shipping from China to Japan.
All necessary information for shipping from China to Japan were offered in this article. As you know, there are many local and international companies in China. Multinational companies are very famous, and every person who comes to China with a quick search on the Internet will know them. But many experts suggest that local companies are one of the best options for shipping from China to all over the world.
One reason is that the price is much cheaper than international companies. Most suppliers in China prefer to work with local companies because they know the Chinese language, and it is crucial! Each region in China has specific rules, and local companies are familiar with them. Local companies are suitable options for all people who want to transport from China. We advise you before asking any companies to transport goods for you to collect more reliable information about different companies and decide which of them is suitable for you!
However, in this way, it is better to pay attention to some considerations. At first, all companies must have official websites. You can go to the companies and read customer satisfaction. It is one reliable way to understand whether this company is committed to her duties or not! If you want to choose one specific company, you must have a legal contract! All these steps will help you to enjoy shipping from China!
If you need an impressive rate and competitive offer for Door to Door Rail and Trucking service from China to European countries, please contact our Sale Team.
It depends on different factors such as the way you choose for transportation. But usually sea freight is cheaper than air freight.
the weight and volume of the goods show how much you must pay for sea freight or air freight.
Yes. if you ask a freight forwarder to do it for you, it saves money and time.