Taobao vs Aliexpress 2020 | A full Comparison
When it comes to shopping and importing from China, e-commerce and online shops in China are one of the best modern options. Two of the e-commerce giants in China are Aliexpress and Taobao. But in 2020 which one is better for an importer? In this article, we will take a deeper look into Taobao vs Aliexpress 2020 to see which of these e-commerce platforms is the best option. Read on about Taobao vs Aliexpress 2020.
Taobao vs Aliexpress 2020: A fair competition
When it comes to comparing Taobao with Aliexpress, eBay, Alibaba, and Aliexpress are the major competitors in the category. The candidates should have similar terms and conditions for a better comparison which can be used as a basis for deciding on the winner.
Alibaba is an e-commerce company whose target in wholesale marketing is not Taobao’s biggest concern. Hence Alibaba can not be Taobao’s best competitor. Again, taking China as the country of base excludes eBay’s alternative from the list of contenders. Which means Aliexpress would be the best contender for Taobao.
Further Reading: Alibaba Suppliers in China | How to Trade with Them Like a Pro?
We are also conscious that Aliexpress and Taobao are the leading wholesale and retail marketing platforms.
- Aliexpress can be run by users all over the world as it supports various languages while Taobao only supports the Chinese language. That reflects the fact that only the domestic market is primarily concerned with Taobao. Aliexpress also deals with foreign trade too, on the contrary.
- Aliexpress accepts payments from platforms such as PayPal while making payments on Taobao using Alipay is a bit more complicated. The method of verification and registration is a little lengthy.
- Aliexpress has a lower sales count of 0.3 million while Taobao has a whopping selling count of 8 million. Taobao also has 1 billion products listed on the site, and the same Aliexpress products are available on Taobao at cheaper prices. The key point, however, lies in how good you are in Chinese. Because of all these sales volumes, Taobao is expected to be at least 10 times as opposed to Aliexpress’s.
- The delivery duration between Taobao vs Aliexpress 2020 is for Taobao is much shorter comparing to that of Aliexpress.
- Taobao goods have the product pictures in the summary, and they also come with a quality test sticker. On the other hand, in the case of Aliexpress, one can not find the product picture in the summary. Thus Taobao has products of higher quality while Aliexpress could also have products of low quality.
Taobao vs Aliexpress 2020: The winner
Now that we have read more about Taobao vs Aliexpress 2020, it is time to announce the verdict. Taobao and Aliexpress also offer a wide range of shopping options for customers around the world. With the huge number of items available on Taobao at attractive prices, the platform has become one of the most favored places to buy. The Taobao agents are also available for customer service throughout the clock and all goods from various manufacturers are bundled into a single shipment which is also called integrated shipping.
Further Reading: Why Gold suppliers on Alibaba are Important? | A buyer’s guide
Some of the drawbacks include high service charges, the Chinese interface, and some return policy limitations. On the contrary, Aliexpress provides free shipping in many products, and the platform is available in different languages making it easy for people around the world to use it.
While Taobao was the commonly used one, Aliexpress is the new contender and also deserves a try.
The DDPCH can manage every step of your import process. With our years of experience in delivering sea and air freight, express cargos, Amazon FBA, and DDP shipments, we guarantee the fastest and most reliable procedures.