When you want to send your goods from China to Canada you surely need a freight forwarder. A freight forwarder is a company or an experienced person that helps in organizing and shipping goods by air, sea, rail and/or highway. So the first step is to choose a trustworthy forwarder. It’s really important since they actually provide services such as:
- Tracking the transportation;
- Negotiating the freight costs;
- Getting ready the documents;
- Booking the warehouse;
- Carrying out the cargo insurance;
- Collecting the freights
- And many other services
On the other hands, to save time and money use a freight forwarder for shipping from China to Canada.
Tip: It’s better to choose a freight forwarder from China, because the Chinese freight forwarder has the advantages of language and geography.
Air Freight from China to Canada
1. Air Products
Air transportation is suitable for goods that should be sent urgently, or when the price of the products is high, but the quantity is small (300-500kg).
With this mode of transportation, the delivery time and price are more flexible than sea freight since you can choose non-stop transfer or charter services, with different airline routes. There are 3 types of air freight from China to Canada:
• Economic air freight: the delivery time is 6-13 days, the price is economical. It also is ideal for goods with low time requirements.
• Standard air freight: It takes 4-7 days, lower price, and shorter time.
• Emergency air freight: the delivery time is 1-4 days, speed priority, ideal for time-sensitive goods.
2. Air Freight Cost and Weight Calculation:
There are two methods for calculating the weight of the goods, one is to charge according to the actual weight, and the other is to charge according to the dimensional weight.
Standard air transportation – dimensional weight calculation method: Dimensional Weight = Length (cm) x Width (cm) x Height (cm)/6000
So, you see, its dimensional weight is far larger than its actual weight.
If you pack your goods well and minimize its volume, you can save money.
3. Express Shipping from China to Canada
1. Advantages of express shipping
Express shipping is the fastest and easiest mode of transportation from China to Canada. You can track your goods.
2. Express Service Process
Here are the procedures of DDPCH :
1. Fill and submit the quote.
2. We reply within 12 hours.
3. we discuss our terms.
4. We will book the space and checked everything.
5. We arrange the inland delivery to warehouse.
6. We will tell you the chargeable weight.
7. You will pay the costs.
8. Your shipment will be transported to the courier (DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc.)
9. Wait for your goods to be reached you.
3. Product types ideal for express delivery
All courier companies (FedEx, UPS, DHL,…) use air freight to transport goods, so the delivery time and price are also flexible, similar to air freight.
Express shipping means urgent and faster delivery, with higher prices.
Customs Clearance in Canada
Once your goods enters the airport of Canada, you face customs inspection and clearance processes. Three of the things you must know are: document checklist, inspection process, and HS Codes and taxes.
Documents to be prepared
a) Canada Customs Invoice or Commercial Invoice
b) Packing List
c) Bill of Lading
d) Customs Bond
e) Arrival Notice
f) Commodity Specific Documentation
g) Manifest or Cargo Control Document (CCD)
h) Shipper’s Export Declaration (SED)
i) Import permits, certificates, etc.
warehousing services provide a central location storage space for receiving, storing, and distributing goods. After the shipment arrives at the destination, the warehouse service will handle the goods transfers. In this way the goods will sorted and sent to the temporary address. Then, each order will be grouped, packaged, and checked, before sending to destination.
If you have suppliers in many different locations in China, then you need to integrate all the goods into the warehouse, wait for all the goods to reach, and then send your goods.
It is recommended to purchase insurance through China Freight as your products have a long way to reach the destination and things may go wrong and there is no guarantee. Cargo insurance covers the loss or damage of goods during shipment and used to any mode of transportation (air, sea, or land).